HIFU facials use ultrasound to generate heat deep within the skin. This heat damages targeted skin cells, causing the body to try to repair them. To do this, the body produces collagen to help cells regenerate. Collagen is a substance in the skin that gives it structure and elasticity. Today, non-invasive treatments have shorter recovery periods than surgical options, but they provide less dramatic results and don’t last as long. So how often can we have HIFU treatments? In this article, we’ll be discussing what you need to know about having regular HIFU treatments.
Advantages of HIFU treatment
- HIFU treatment can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, a top concern for people in their forties and fifties.
- The procedure is also effective in combating dark circles, removing enlarged pores, and reducing blemishes and pimples.
- This treatment helps to enhance the production of new collagen and its regeneration, leaving your skin looking younger, smoother, and firmer.
- A finely tuned treatment leaves your skin looking healthy and radiant.
- HIFU treatment helps restore skin texture and volume.
- HIFU is suitable for all skin types and produces almost immediate results compared to other facelift treatments.
- HIFU is a non-invasive, safe, and drug-free treatment that allows doctors to see the underlying skin layers to see where heat is being generated.
- In HIFU, low-energy pulses are delivered to the top layer of the skin by ultrasound. This treatment does not require an incision or any anesthesia, thus minimizing discomfort.
Disadvantages of HIFU treatments
- It usually takes a few weeks for the treated area to fully show results.
- Facials are not a one-time treatment as you will need to attend multiple treatments to get the best results.
- Significant changes may occur after 2-3 months. That’s why – collagen takes time to perform its regenerative task to strengthen skin tissue and add a youthful glow to your face.
- After surgery, depending on the nature of your skin, you may experience slight redness or swelling. Fear not, these symptoms will subside within a few hours.
Is HIFU treatment suitable for you?
HIFU is not always the best option or is suitable for everyone. Typically, the procedure affects people over the age of 30 or older, with mild to moderate skin laxity. Those who are younger may not see the difference they want simply because their skin is still very firm. Those with particularly loose skin or skin that is particularly photodamaged may need multiple treatments to see results. Also, older people, who have severe photoaging, have significantly sagging skin, or have severe sagging neck skin may not be the best candidates for HIFU and may be better candidates for surgery.
HIFU is considered a safe and effective procedure for tightening facial skin. Its non-invasive procedure has distinct advantages over surgical facelifts because it has no incisions and does not require anesthesia. The best way to determine if HIFU could benefit you is to schedule a consultation with a practitioner who will be able to advise you on what to expect from your HIFU treatment. You will want to review the practitioner’s past patient reviews to get an idea of their level of service. If you are not suitable for HIFU treatment but still want to get similar results, you can also ask for alternatives from the chosen practitioner.
Timeline for HIFU treatment
Treatment time varies from 1 to 3 hours, depending on the area being treated. However, you can return to your normal life immediately, there is no recovery time. This is why many people prefer HIFU over other treatments. However, you may experience some redness, swelling, or tingling, but this is completely normal.
When will you see the results?
How quickly you can see results may depend on the nature and severity of your skin problem. Most patients only need one treatment to see the results of HIFU. On the other hand, depending on the client’s collagen-building process and biological response to ultrasound energy, some people will have more benefits from a sequence of treatments 8-12 weeks after the initial HIFU course. You can see HIFU results as early as 12 weeks after treatment and report further improvement in problematic areas for up to 6 months.
How often should you go through HIFU treatments?
You can enjoy the effects of HIFU treatment anytime for about 1 to 3 years. With continuous HIFU treatment, you can gracefully fight the aging process and have firm, youthful, radiant skin. It is recommended that patients should get HIFU treatments about once a year for best-lasting results.
HIFU treatment is a way to address the signs of aging without incising the skin, making the technique a popular solution. With more and more people now becoming more aware of the benefits of HIFU, this skin treatment has attracted a lot of attention. According to research, it is found that the procedure firmed sagging skin, smoothed wrinkles, and improved skin texture. However, the results will not be evident right away but the results will be long-lasting when it is seen. Aftercare is also important, as the benefits of a HIFU facial can last for about 1 year when aftercare is practiced properly.